Setup Exchange 2000 Multidomain envirenments

  • From: "Hirantha Wijayawardena" <hirantha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:44:09 +0600

Dear expertise

Our company has assigned me a task to integrate our sub-company's mail
system with main company. In present we are running at my place (main
company - company A - companya.com) - exchange 2000 SP4 mail server. I
have to setup another exchange server at sub-company (Company B -
companyb.com). These 2 companies are physically in 2 locations (nearby).
2 companies are connected by fiber optical cable and it will
inter-connect to our internal switches - different subnets, company A -
10.1.1.x & company B - 192.168.128.x.

Our requirements are:

Company A must have to access Company B's Global address List.

Company B must have access to Company A's Global Address list

Company A user must capable of logon to Company A Domain in Company B's
network

Company B user must capable of logon to Company B Domain in Company A's
network

My deployment is:

Placing the Domain Controllers - Place companyb.com domain tree in
companya.com forest

Create a new administrative group & routing group before Install E2K
server in company B E2K server

Company A Domain Controller is the Catalog Server & 1st domain
controller in the forest.

My question is: can I achieve my objectives in this type of deployment.
Please give me your suggestions/comments to guide to the correct
direction to accomplish on my task

Thanks in advance,

- Hirantha