RE: Setting up a "MS Exchange Server" account across Internet for Outlook across Internet for Outlook across Internet for Outlook across Internet for Outlook

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:38:21 -0800

No, not really. Most firewalls are configured to allow outbound access,
unless some one has tightened it up. Therefore, the client would not need to
configure anything on their side unless their firewall has been locked down.

ALSO, some ISPs are still blocking port 135 at the routers.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You