RE: Server running like a snail

  • From: "steve alcock" <steve.alcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:44:50 +0100

Netsy thanks for responding

steve

What virus did you detect on the server

-----Original Message-----
From: steve alcock [mailto:steve.alcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:44 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Server running like a snail

Hi All,

I have a customer who?s server2000 is running like a snail yet the rest
of the network is fine, all access to Internet, printers, date transfer
etc all seem ok, I did detect a virus on it and killed it off about two
weeks ago,

The Cpu is @ 8% on average, memory not being used excessive yet there
seems to be a lot of traffic on the network display icon, on start up it
filled the log with startup.dll problem this morning took ages to boot
but again once up and running everyone else Is ok.

Anyone any ideas where to look next ?????

Regards

Steve Alcock

Calder House,
Spring Lane
Colne
Lancs
BB8 9BG
steve.alcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.calderglen.net
+44 ( 0 ) 1282 871717

PLEASE NOTE THAT EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS IS
OOwoeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
---------
The information in this message is confidential and is legally
message by anyone else is unauthorized.
If received in error please accept our apologies and notify the sender
immediately. You must also delete the original message from your
machine. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure,
copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
of it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
The information, attachments, opinions or advice contained in this email
are not the views or opinions of Vee Networks Limited, its subsidiaries
or affiliates. Vee Networks Limited therefore accepts no liability for
any claims, losses, or damages arising from the inaccuracy,
incorrectness, or lack of integrity of such information.