RE: Server running like a snail

  • From: "steve alcock" <steve.alcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:43:51 +0100

I have run the latest Mcafee stinger, Spybot, adware but not a net
trace, this I will do tomorrow, mant thanks

I suggest running a network trace to see what's going over the wire. If
see a lot of SMTP or IRC type stuff, you've probably got a trojan or
Also, check what processes are using the CPU time most. You should make
they're not using the server for any web browsing or any other
activity. Run something like Spybot and/or Ad-aware on it to check for
trojans and such.

Greg Lara
IT Department
Anti-Defamation League
823 UN Plaza
New York, NY 10017
(212) 885-7764 (voice) (212) 885-5807 (fax)
Use the ADL Helpdesks:

This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or
intended recipient, please destroy this message, and any attachments,
notify the sender by return e-mail.  If you are not the intended