Server running like a snail

  • From: "steve alcock" <steve.alcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:44:09 +0100

Hi All,

I have a customer who's server2000 is running like a snail yet the rest
of the network is fine, all access to Internet, printers, date transfer
etc all seem ok, I did detect a virus on it and killed it off about two
weeks ago,

The Cpu is @ 8% on average, memory not being used excessive yet there
seems to be a lot of traffic on the network display icon, on start up it
filled the log with startup.dll problem this morning took ages to boot
but again once up and running everyone else Is ok.

Anyone any ideas where to look next ?????

Regards

Steve Alcock

Calder House,
Spring Lane