RE: Server migration - information requested

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:41:39 -0400

Hello Albert,
The best method is to add the new server to the same Admin Group, and
create new Mailbox Stores. Then move all mailboxes from the old server
to the new server. You can move mailboxes using the Active Directory
Users and computers tool. You can move multiple mailboxes at the same
time using this method. Once you are done moving the mailboxes, you need
to remove the old server from the organization. If this is the first
exchange server in the organization, you have follow few procedures.

Read this link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917&Product=e
xch2k

Regards,