RE: Server change

  • From: mathif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:00:10 +0300

You may have to go for MOVE MAIL BOX METHOD, where if both of these servers
are in same site, you can move all the mailboxes from 5.5 to 2k and outlook
profile will be udpate accordingly, no need for manually configuring the
profile.

Have a look at the following articles;

Exchange Migration Documents;

316886 - HOW TO Migrate from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316886
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316886>

296260 - XGEN How to Configure a Two-Way Recipient Connection Agreement for
Exchange Server 5.5 Users
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;296260
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;296260>

274173 - XADM Documentation for the NTDSNoMatch Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;274173
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;274173>

256862 - XADM How to Correct Mismatched Accounts After Active Directory
Connector Replication
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;256862
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;256862>

284148 - XADM How to Remove the Last Exchange Server 5.5 Computer from an
Exchange 2000 Administrative Group
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;284148
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;284148>

152959 - XADM How to Remove the First Exchange Server in a Site
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;152959
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;152959>

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5B7D
2110-A322-4947-9EAF-3D6A9A99CB42
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5B7
D2110-A322-4947-9EAF-3D6A9A99CB42>

Regards,
Mohammed Athif Khaleel
Asst.Network Engineer
AlFaisaliah Group Information Technology
Tel.: +966-1-461-0077 x.209
Email: mathif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Save Internet, Keep all the systems patched"
Web: http://alfaisaliah.com <http://alfaisaliah.com>
Local Time: GMT+3