RE: Server blacklisted

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:54:36 -0500

You're right that scam isn't really the right term, since in order to
run a good scam, you should be making some money from it.

There's no sense in going over the entire "to RBL or not to RBL"
conversation, since its been done to death. In concept, they could be a
good idea. However, in practice, I've found that most of them fail to
provide a responsible service and they don't take responsibility for
damages they might inflict by the false positives and they fail to
perform due diligence in informing the alleged "non-compliant"
individual of the problem before BLing them.

YMMV,
Tom
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls