RE: Server HD accessed intensively

  • From: "Deshwal, Chand" <CDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:57:50 +0530

Is it doing the same again or just was one off incident? Anyway, if u want
to install a new server without disturbing the settings of Outlook, then:

*

        Install the new server with any name in the same organisation.
*

        Move all the mailboxes (Online u can do that) to the new server so
with the public folders.
*

        Ask everyone to exit outlook and re-open again. The outlook will go
to the old server, which in-turn will direct Outlook to the new server. The
entry in the profile will automatically point to the new server.
*

        When everyone has done so, retire the old server.

Chand