RE: Sent/Received User's emails Amendment at the S erver[Scanned]

  • From: Hazem Mustafa <hazemmustafa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:02:46 +0100 (BST)

Gill, Simon, Lara, Raj many thanks , I have tried to send you the whole article
but it was too large, the clock example is possible if possible because our
Exchange Server 5.5 is not connected to the net no more, and the user has left,
but read this bit and tell me;
MAPI example code for getting folders and messages
(c) 2002 Lucian Wischik. This code is free, and anyone can do with it whatever
they like (except sell it or claim ownership).

Bugfixes. 10 May 2003 - fixed the copy-constructor for mapi_TEntryid. Thanks to
Greg from ideasmatter.org.

This code is concerned with helping you traverse the folders in an MAPI
message-store, and retrieve the message-content either both in plain text and
in HTML. Typically the message-store will be the "Personal Folders" in
Microsoft Outlook. But it also works with multiple profiles and multiple
message-stores, and should also (untested) work with other Extended MAPI
implementations. It also helps you traverse the folders in a standalone PST
file. The code works (has been tested) with Outlook'97, with Outlook2000 (both
Internet Mail Only mode and Corporate/Workgroup mode), and with outlookXP.

The code consists of seven functions, written in C++ for Extended MAPI. I use
it as a unit (mapi_utils.cpp, mapi_utils.h) added to my own project. This web
page contains examples of how to use the seven functions plus extra example
code, documentation for the functions, the header file and the source code for
them. You should copy the code and paste it into your own project. The code
uses STL, the standard template library. I wrote it under Borland C++Builder 5,
but it should work on most compilers without too much fuss.