RE: Sent/Received User's emails Amendment at the S erver

  • From: Hazem Mustafa <hazemmustafa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:57:43 +0100 (BST)

Gill.. you are right I know that, the point is the end user is a big figure in
the company (used to be) if he insists that his copy of the old sent email is
different than the one we can get from the server, we have to give a report to
our senior showing him that if it did happen then we can trace it, the user
from his side says that some admin knows how to do things without leaving a
trace in IT, so we have to report to our senior that if it could have been done
then we could follow it and trace it by several means...etc, but we are not
aware of away to access and modify a user old sent email and save the changes
afterword, how should we do that and where should we start the trace from ? is
it true that there are ways of doing it without leaving a trace? meaning that
all Modify date/time, or message source or MAPI changes and how ? yes we have a
backup but he can always claims that the admin in question is in charge of the
backup too so he can make the changes at the backup tap too
 some how like restore the email in question make  some changes at it and saved
it again, other words, we want to know if a smart admin can do these changes to
an old user's sent email in a smart way that's difficult to trace ? what are
the methods ? I was thinking of the message source code or the modifying the
MAPI , I did read about MAPI access to Ms Outlook source message code but Idont
know how it works, never tried it, I will sent you that article

Please advise

Sarbjit Singh Gill <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/

This is not the direct answer just yet, but how do you
verify the printout the use has is a genuine printout of the
sent email ? He could have typed it in a word processor.

You could also restore a previous backup of the exchange
mailbox store (maybe on the day he/she had sent the mail)
and verify it's content.

More later..