RE: Sent/Received User's emails Amendment at the S erver

  • From: Hazem Mustafa <hazemmustafa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:28:20 +0100 (BST)

Dear Greg,
Thank you for your response, I did respond to Raj too, all what you wrote is
correct and I am aware of, but that doesn't answer my question, I know that the
admin can access any user mail box with our without the consent, he can edit
all the emails, the question is if he makes any changes at any of the received
or sent old email at the user's mail box could the admin save those changes or
not ? I think that what any changes the admin would do would not saved after
the admin log off from that user' mail box, We have a user who complained that
some information has been deleted from his sent to a recipient email !! he is
accusing the admin, is that technically possible to be done ?
Please advise

"Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Further to Raj's explanation, if this is on an Exchange 5.5 box, any account
with "service account admin" rights can open any mailbox without further
assignment of permissions.

In either case, the mailbox will have to be opened from Outlook, but once
you've done that you can get to any folder and modify messages; these
modifications will be seen at any client, unless it's a POP3 or IMAP client
that has downloaded the messages already (and not deleted it from the server
for some reason).

Greg Lara