RE: Sent/Received User's emails Amendment at t he S erver

  • From: Hazem Mustafa <hazemmustafa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:09:24 +0100 (BST)

sure,
the user left the company, he was accessing his mailbox from the server, he
also used PST to download all messages from the server but that is not
important now I think as his machine was formated after he left, then he was
asked about some information he should have submitted before he left the
company, he claimed he did by a sent email, from the server the email I got
from his mailbox doesn't include the info he insisted it was in his email, and
he brought a copy of that in question with old date sent email with full
information including the bit missing in the copy we got for his mailbox at the
server, he is accusing one of the admins he had an argument with before he
left, the admin denies making any changes, we are not sure who is saying what
and want to verify if this is possible to be done by an admin? and who it could
be traced, bare in mind our Exchange server 5.5 is not connected to the network
no more as we are using Exchange 2003 instead

Please advise

"Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hazem,
In Exchange environment all user mailbox data is kept in the server by
default. Does your user use any PST files to download all messages from
server, or does the user use OST files to synchronize? Or does the user
just access the mailbox from the server ? When you say the user reports
the "email brought forward", can you explain a little more, brought from
where to where ?

Raj