Sending mail with exchange

  • From: "Trevor Hartman" <trevorh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:52:28 -0700

Hello,
I am trying to configure Exchange 2000 to host our email for the office.  I
have successfully setup the incoming portion (without really knowing how)
but the outgoing does not work.  I followed this tutorial:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html and setup my Outlook with an
account on our exchange server.  When I send emails to that account
(Trevor@xxxxxxxxxxx) I receive them, but if I try to send an email using
that account, I get an error saying "The message could not be snet because
one of the recipients was rejected by the server.  Server Response: '550
5.7.1 Unable to relay for synapsee@xxxxxxxxxxx'. (Account:
'mail.ccmtees.com', SMTP Server: 'mail.ccmtees.com', Error Number:
0x900ccc79).  Can anyone help me out? Thanks - Trevor