[ExchangeList] Re: Send as

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:53:44 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------In my case what I am
attempting to do is the user has no individual mail box
so the only account in the profile is the one shared account.

If I mailbox enable the user, then starting with a new profile add one
single account, an Exchange account that of the shared mail box, then the
user has expected access and can send.

If I only mail enable the user, then starting with a new profile add the one
single Exchange shared account, the user can not send out.

So, it is not a question of which account the user is using to send out
through since there is only one account in the profile.

BTW, this works fine if the shared account is set up as an IMAP account;
however that can not be used as the user will change workstations. Here is
the setup:

Users1-4
Workstation1    Receiving
Workstation2    Receiving
Workstation3 Quality Control
Workstation4 Quality Control
Workstation5 Invoicing/Shipping

All users are cross trained on all three functions. All users need the
ability to access each of the 3 shared mailboxes to view and respond to
email but will only access the specific mailbox according to their assigned
duty for that time. The three mailboxes are Receiving, Quality Control and
Invoicing. When each user goes to open Outlook, I have Outlook configured
under each user's login with 3 profiles, Receiving, Quality Control and
Invoicing. They chose which profile to open based upon their present
assigned duty. Each user logs on with their own user name and password.
Sales and Accounting do not know who is doing what duty; they just send the
email to the department. The reason for this setup is that different
departments are busy at different times of the day. Receiving is busy in the
morning but not much to do in the later afternoon. Invoicing has almost no
work for the first 3 hours of the day but is extremely busy the last 2 hours
of the day.

The desire is to not have to have each user be mailbox enabled as that runs
into a licensing issue.

John T
eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"