[ExchangeList] Re: Send as

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:59:31 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------First, I looked every 
where for the send as permission. Forgot about the
security tab. Duh.

Works if the user is mailbox enabled. Is not working if the user is mail
enabled. Maybe I need to get it some time.

John T
eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"


> -----Original Message-----
> From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> On Behalf Of Chris Wall
> Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 2:12 PM
> To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: Send as
> 
> http://www.msexchange.org
> -------------------------------------------------------You have obviously
added them to
> the Exchange Advanced - Mailbox Rights,
> but this alone does not give send as rights...
> 
> To do this:
> 
> In AD, open the properties of the 'Receiving' mailbox.
> Click on the 'Security' tab and add the users.  Make sure that after
> adding those users, you check the security box for 'Send As' for each
> one of them.
> 
> They will need to close outlook (I also recommend having them log off
> after setting the permissions above) before they are able to 'send as'.
> 
> Regards,
> Chris
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John T (Lists)
> Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:05 PM
> To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ExchangeList] Send as
> 
> http://www.msexchange.org
> -------------------------------------------------------For a user to be
> able to send email as another user, does that user have to
> mailbox enabled or is mail enabled fine?
> 
> For a client, there are 3 receivers. There is one mail box called
> receiving.
> All three users log onto their workstations as themselves, but for email
> they only use the shared mail box called receiving. Configuring Outlook
> on
> those three users to access receiving as an Exchange client, they can
> receive and view incoming mail fine. However, they can not send.
> 
> Exchange 2003 standard SP2 on Windows 2000 Server SP4+ clients are
> Windows
> XP Pro SP2 with Outlook 2002 SP3.
> 
> John T
> eServices For You
> 
> "Seek, and ye shall find!"
> 
> 
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/exchangelist/
> MSExchange Newsletter: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> MSExchange Articles and Tutorials:
> http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/
> MSExchange Blogs: http://blogs.msexchange.org/
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> -------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe visit http://www.msexchange.org/pages/exchangelist.asp
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/exchangelist/
> MSExchange Newsletter: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> MSExchange Articles and Tutorials:
http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/
> MSExchange Blogs: http://blogs.msexchange.org/
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> -------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe visit http://www.msexchange.org/pages/exchangelist.asp
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


-------------------------------------------------------
List Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/exchangelist/  
MSExchange Newsletter: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp 
MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: 
http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/ 
MSExchange Blogs: http://blogs.msexchange.org/ 
-------------------------------------------------------
Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
http://www.techgenix.com 
-------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe visit http://www.msexchange.org/pages/exchangelist.asp
Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Other related posts: