RE: Send As rights

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:41:26 -0500

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:27:25 -0500, Amy Kohler <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Hello All,
> I am having a problem giving my CIO's secretary "Send As" permissions to his
> mailbox. It works fine for mailboxes of users that are not domain
> admin/enterprise admins. The CIO is a member of the Enterprise Admins group
> but not domain admins (I don't know why).

In my opinion, everyday Domain user accounts should not be apart of
Administrative groups, even if they are admins.

Designate exclusive administrative accounts and limit use to when you
actually need to perform administrative duties.

> Anyway,  we are on a 2000 Exchange server. When I add her to is acl with
> send as permissions, it accepts but about 15 minustes to a half hour later,
> she is automatically removed. (I am assuming because or replication). At his
> time Enterprise Admins and full access to the servers.

I have never seen this, but I am fairly new to enterprise level
Exchange environments. How many servers are replicated?

Is this of any help? http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm

...D