RE: Send As Causes an error

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:43:34 -0400

Hi Bill,
When you use the From field to change the sender ID, you have to use an
alternate "mailbox name" to which you have delegated permissions. You
cannot use your own proxy address as a delegate address. Proxy addresses
are just email addresses, and they are not treated as a mailbox with
permissions to send on behalf of the person. You normally use the From
filed to send on behalf of another person in your organization, not as
your proxy address. The only way you can do this in Outlook/Exchange
environment would be to change your Primary SMTP address, but I don't
think that is what you need.