Send As Causes an error

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:00:14 -0400

Hello,

I have an exchange organization that is responsible for two email domains:

cs.cornell.edu
cis.cornell.edu

I have users setup up that have proxy addresses for both of these domains
including myself.

My primary SMTP address is wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx If I attempt to send mail
to my cis address, from either an internal or external mail
server,william.holmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx everything works fine. I receive the
mail without a problem.

However sometimes it would be desirable to send as
william.holmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx however when I do so I receive the following
error message:

      wth1@xxxxxxxxxxx on 9/22/2004 2:46 PM
assistance, contact your system administrator.
            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=edu/DC=cornell/DC=cs:EXCHVS1

I can send to this recipient if I do not alter the From Field. What is
causing this error and how can I correct it? I don't understand why this is a
"send to" error rather than a you don't have permission to "send as" error.

Any info appreicated.

Thanks

Bill

William Holmes (MCP)