Security group Permissions

  • From: "MAHADEVAN Subramanyan" <SMahadevan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:54:45 +0530

Hi ..

We are facing a peculiar issue in our AD environment.

We have 3 domain controllers and all are windows 2003 server. But our
domain is in mixed mode. We are yet to raise our domain functional
level.

All clients have Windows XP Professional

Here goes the issue...

We have some Domain Local Security groups in our AD.

We need to assign some (XXX) permissions for the Domain local groups to
some(XXX) folders in the client workstations.

But we are unable to do this. We are able to give permissions with
Global Security Groups.

Any suggestions plz..

Thanks in advance

Mahadevan
Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt
from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing
this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this
information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by return email.