RE: Securing server 5.5 exchange on NT4.0

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 09:04:50 -0400

No.   That's the thing about technology: today's technology quickly becomes
yesterday's.  When that happens, it's no loger able to keep up with the
threats.

Consider the next post which was about a firewall.  In fact, as long as
you're going that route, a layer-7 device would be best for security
purposes, although it may not meet all or your needs. Check out something
like www.isaserver.org or www.checkpoint.com when you get a chance and see
how that, coupled with best practices and hardening techniques, and keeping
up to date with software patches (NT 4 is not BTW) can be used to defend
against attacks.

Al