RE: Securing Virtual SMTP Connector

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:36:55 -0400

Hi Cory

Well there is no magic answer to this problem, the connections you are
seeing are more than likely NDR's trying to go back to the spammer that is
trying to send spam into your company, check the BadMail directory on your
Exchange server and you might see a lot of mail in there that cannot be
delivered to someone in your org and it cannot be returned to the sender
because they used a fake email address.

The best way to combat this problem is to implement an anti-spam solution
like MailEssentials from www.gfi.com, you might also consider upgrading to
Exchange 2003 as this has a number of features to help combat spam.

Hope this helps

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc