Screwed Up Display Name

  • From: Clayton GDY <Clayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:02:41 -0500

E2K SP2, W2K SP2

For whatever reason, it was decided that we would not use last names on
our display names. This was cool up until a couple of weeks ago. Now
when we send email, rather than the dispaly name showing up as just the
first name, the display is showing (in my case) Clayton GDY when we send
to hotmail etc. I have checked all the usual places, AD users and
computers, and do not have any sort of recipient policy in place other
than the default, which only dishes out our SMTP addresses. Where does
this GDY come from (company is called Gameday), and how do I get rid of
it. TechNet not too forthcoming on this one.

What gives?

Clayton Doige
IT Manager MCSE, MCP + I
Gameday International N.V.
Bound in a nutshell, King of infinite space...

T: +5 999 736 0309 ext 4537
C: +5 999 563 1845
F: +5 999 733 1259
E: clayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>