Re: Scheduling NTBackup to mapped drive

  • From: "Tony Anderson" <tandersn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:13:43 -0700

Jared, from the tone of your statements it sounds like you are the one who
is a "new admin" and "younger". You sound like some punk on a warez list
"windoz rulez, linux suks!@" without any foundations for your arguments. How
is it more secure to lock it vs loggin off? Answer the F#$@ing question?

I work in the "Paul G Allen center for computer science", I live in Seattle,
many of our faculty members work at MS, and many of my friends do too. None
of them have ever said that it was policy to 'leave all servers locked'. Yes
you must eaither LOCK or LOG OFF, obviously you can't leave on logged on.

I am definately not a new admin, I have been doing this for 13 years. Your
comments are unfounded, and unsupported. Any idiot knows that an
administrator can unlock a locked computer. Any idiot knows that guest and
even regular user accounts can't log on to a server locally.

What kind of exchange admin has a @yahoo account anyway?

Tony Anderson
UW CSE