RE: Scheduled hourly backups

  • From: Joe Kinne <JoeK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:13:22 -0800

Rather than backing up the whole message store all you should need to backup
would be the Log files (assuming that you are getting a valid online backup
every night and clearing the logs (so no recursive logging).   Then if you
have a critical failure and lose the server, you should be able to restore
the server from the arcserve tape, restore the logs from the IDE drive, and
be right back to where your were.

--Joe