• From: "Rob Freeman" <sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 07:25:55 -0500

After removing the final exchange 5.5 server, we are still having our 2000
exchange server look for it.  I see in the event logs and this is what I

An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality
Table (LTAB) index: 145, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error
1722, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name TPSC-MAILSERVER [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10]

I have looked everywhere on the machine, but can not find why it is still
attempting to contact it.  The only mention of the old server is in the
registry as:

Do I need to purge or refresh the SchCache to get rid my exchange 2000
server contacting a dead server?