Save space on Exchange SERVER....

  • From: "Umar" <umarpirzada@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:07:01 -0600

Hi

I have installed Exchange Server 2000 on a Windows Advance Server 2000
installation. Everything is just fine. No issues in mail sending
receiving.

Just that in our office all users have their own PC and i can save heaps
of storage if i can somehow make users download mails to their pc's. How
do i do that? My clients use Outlook 2000 or Outlook Xp as their MAPI
clients. I know theres something to do at the client end but i could use
some TIPS.

I know abt how POP clients set up their accounts in Outlook to NOT LEAVE
MESSAGES ON SERVER. But how do local EXCHANGE clients do that. I couldnt
find an option in an EXCHANGE SERVER account.

Any ideas? Thanx in advance for any posts in reply to this....

Umar