RE: Safe to reinstall ?

  • From: "David N. Precht" <discussions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:16:31 -0400

Whats the event IDs ?

-----Original Message-----
From: ian.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ian.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 04:45
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Safe to reinstall ?

http://www.MSExchange.org/

I'm running Exch 2000 SP2. I had a few problems
on initial installation, I've fixed most of them
& on the whole it's running okay. However I am still
getting a few error messages in the event log. According
to Technet to solve one of them they recommend reinstalling Exchange. My
question is, is it safe to do this or will I lose all my settings of
mailboxes, email addresses etc ? Obviously I'd like to be sure before
running it.