SV: Requesting Data from MS Exchange Server

  • From: Magnus Hellström <karl.magnus.hellstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:35:48 +0100

This could also happen when the exchangeserver is failing to contact the
domaincontroller (Global Catalog Server).

I had big problems with this on service pack 2 for Exchange server.

What do the logbooks tell you on the domailcontroller and on the
exchangeserver.

The second reason could also bee that the exchangeserver is trying every 5
min to update and run the security templates that you have. If it fails it
tries again. This killing the server and you could get this message in
Outlook also.

Reason no. 3 could also bee a delay in the DNS. Are you running in native
mode or not on Exchange and on the domain? Try to implement wins if you
don?t use it. If this helps the network, then you have some problem with DNS
questions.

Reason no. 4 is if your raidcontroller is trying to run a sync on the disks
because some disk have bad blocks and is not able to fix the problem.

The first thing I would do is just to look at the Exchange server for 30
min. You could see diskactivity above normal rate very easy. Then it could
be no.1-4.

If you are running service pack 3 on the exchange server then there is a
patch to this servicepack. Without this patch the exchange server will take
to much effort to do internal matters.

Best regards

Magnus Hellström

IS-Manager