Re: SV: RE: Mailbox size.

  • From: John B <itcalif@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:44:16 -0800 (PST)

If you run the eseutil /d tool located in the %systemroot%\exchsrvr\bin
directory then you will see the actual size of the database, as the edb file
gets bigger it will stay that size. Online maintenance will not reduce the
size, it just creats empty buckets in the database. The eseutil /d will
defrag/compress the edb file. Hope this helps.
John
 Karsten Aarhus <kaa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:http://www.MSExchange.org/

@font-face {    font-family: Wingdings;}@font-face {    font-family: Arabic
Transparent;}@page Section1 {size: 595.3pt 841.9pt; margin: 72.0pt 90.0pt
72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin: 35.4pt; mso-footer-margin: 35.4pt;
mso-paper-source: 0; }P.MsoNormal {  FONT-SIZE: 18pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt;
FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt; mso-style-parent:
""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-font-family: "Arabic Transparent"; mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold}LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 18pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times
New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination:
widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:
"Arabic Transparent"; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold}DIV.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 18pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan;
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Arabic
Transparent"; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold}P.MsoAutoSig { FONT-SIZE: 18pt;
MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-size:
14.0pt; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New
Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Arabic Transparent"; mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold}LI.MsoAutoSig {      FONT-SIZE: 18pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY:
"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt; mso-pagination: widow-orphan;
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Arabic
Transparent"; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold}DIV.MsoAutoSig {     FONT-SIZE: 18pt;
MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-size:
14.0pt; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New
Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Arabic Transparent"; mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold}SPAN.EmailStyle15 {  COLOR: black; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;
mso-style-type: personal-compose; mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt;
mso-ascii-font-family: Arial; mso-hansi-font-family: Arial}DIV.Section1 {
page: Section1}Hi What if your try to defrag your exchange server ? I am not
sure but maybe it will help. I heard that the size of the exchange server 5.5
only reduce when you defrag the exchange ? Please comment !!
Best Regards

Karsten Aarhus
Pc-koordinator
Astralis A/S