Re: STORE.EXE Memory Usage

  • From: "Fred Orcutt" <forcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:11:07 -0700

I suggest you do both of the following:

1.  Add more physical memory to the box and assure that your pagefile is
2.  Run Performance Optimizer for Exchange 5.5

The addition of physical memory in and of itself should be helpful,
especially if there is a cache-size issue resulting in memory contention.
Secondly, running Performance Optimizer will assist you in ascertaining the
optimal data cache sizing for your system.  Note that within the Performance
Optimizer itself there is a provision for limiting memory usage, but I would
not recommend using that.  Instead, provide a sufficient amount of physical
memory and run the optimizer to tailor data cache sizes.  This should tune
up performance appropriately.  Hopefully there is no other cause for the
thrashing/freezing you are experiencing.

Fred M Orcutt
Enterprise Technology, Inc.
Voice: 208-367-0552
Cell: 208-484-0145