Re: STILL unable to receive mail from OUTSIDE!!!

  • From: "Walkowiak, Matt" <Matt.Walkowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:23:30 -0500

Marvin-

I just did an nslookup on nubiint.com - no good.  Check out my results
below...
*******************************
C:\>nslookup
Default Server:  ns2.gofast.net
Address:  209.46.63.6

> nubiint.com
Server:  ns2.gofast.net
Address:  209.46.63.6

Name:    nubiint.com
Address:  0.0.0.0

> mail.nubiint.com
Server:  ns2.gofast.net
Address:  209.46.63.6

Name:    mail.nubiint.com
Address:  0.0.0.0
*********************************

Looks like your DNS is fubar...  I'd work on that one right quick.
Once you have that working (because it looks like it was working at one
point from your error messages) I would bet that your exchange server
does not realize that it is the final resting place for mail going to
nubiint.com and expects to forward the mail somewhere else, and since
your yahoo account is not allowed to relay off of your exchange server
(relay another word for route or "pass thru") you get that error.

And I think IMS stands for Internet Messaging Service, or something like
that.  It's the code that connects your Departmental Exchange server
(messaging server that passes e-mail between accounts that are local) to
all the mail servers on the Internet.

Also, don't worry about ports 110, 80, 113 or other ports for a while -
all you care about now is 25.  In fact, turn em off at your router for
now to keep from confusing the situation.
"telnet mail.nubiint.com 25"

Since this is a home network, you might wanna start thinking about
starting over?  There are too many variables to check with a messaging
application as large as Exchange.  You're probably setting this network
up to learn how to use the software, but getting frustrated over it does
no one any good.  Exchange is relatively easy in its default
configuration.

Matt Walkowiak