RE: SQL and Exchange on the same server

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 23:13:13 -0800

Ah, a specific problem.

Installing an approved version of MS SQL on the Windows Server OS you are
running it on (what ever that is) which already has Exchange 2003 running on
it should in no way interfere with any Exchange services.

HOWEVER; if you did not follow generally accepted guidelines and have just
installed all items wily nily meaning that everything is installed on the OS
partition (usually C) then yes you could have created a server problem do to
resource contention or exhaustion.

Lets try something very hard. Review your event logs and do some searching
on the errors you find. Then take a look at your partitions, particularly
free space.

John T

eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"