RE: SPF record

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:59:36 -0400

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:53:15 -0700, John Tolmachoff (Lists)
<johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> SPF is a new work in progress. Basically, it is intended to help verify that
> the received from mail server is authorized to send e-mail for the from
> address.
>
> The intended implementation date is October 1. It is a TXT record in DNS.

It's not mandatory, but by implementing it with your domains, you will
stand a better chance at successfully sending email to some of the big
providers who will be implementing it Oct. 1.

I would recommend subscribing to the SPF-help mailing list - it's
*the* place to discuss SPF.

...D