SPF record

  • From: "Dee" <deea@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:44:34 -0600

I routinely do a dnsreport on my domain. Can someone explain to me the
following warning and what to do to repair?

"Your domain does not have an SPF record. This means that spammers can
easily send out E-mail that looks like it came from your domain, which can
make your domain look bad (if the recipient thinks you really sent it),
and can cost you money (when people complain to you, rather than the
spammer). You may want to add an SPF record before October 1, 2004, the
target date for domains to have SPF records in place."