RE: *SP* RE: Relay POP3

  • From: "Vitor A. Villafranca" <vitor.villafranca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:55:11 -0300

Ok, let me tell you guys my architecture:

I have a linux sendmail (which is my MX pointed) in my DMZ. In my intranet,
I have my Exchange 2003. It´s like this:

    Linux Sendmail: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Exchange domain: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I´ve set a SMTP connector to send all my Exchange outbound messages to the
Linux Sendmail and it is working fine! The main e-mail address for each user
is user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (the user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I´ve set as a
secondary address).

The first configuration I´ve tried was to set my Sendmail to relay all the
mail (in some mailboxes), and didn´t work, because I had a Server return
message: "User unknow".

So I´ve tried the POPBeamer, but I couldn´t find a demo version that is not
expired. After I´ve installed, it was already expired! I´ve sent an e-mail
to the company responsible for the software and I didn´t got any answer
about it.

Then I´ve installed a whole bunch of softwares that retrieve POP3 mail and
none of them worked.

I keep getting an error on the Event Viewer about DFS. I´ve looked for this
event ID over the internet (inclusive Microsoft.com) and it says that it is
an error of Windows XP (not my Windows 2003 Server). I don´t know if this
error is the problem (I don´t think so). This is the error:

Event ID:1030
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event
log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that
describes the reason for this.

Event ID: 1058 (the previously one)
Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO
CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=interno,D
C=kaizen,DC=com,DC=br. The file must be present at the location
<\\interno.kaizen.com.br\sysvol\interno.kaizen.com.br\Policies\{31B2F340-016
D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>. (Access is denied. ). Group Policy
processing aborted.

This is a test enviroment, therefor my Windows 2003 DC is the same computer
that has the Exchange 2003 installed on it.

If somebody could sent me a POPBeamer version that works (a demo version or
even a crack one, just to be sure that works fine!), I would appreciate
that.

Thanks a lot,

Vitor A. Villafranca.

  _____