RE: S.O.S. Upgrade to RTM

  • From: "Roch Moreau" <rmoreau@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:13:29 -0600

Thank you Al for your time,

Yes it is about "the version Enterprise Microsoft Exchange 2000" in bêta
mode. I buyed an enterprise RTM licence and CD media for this Educational
version.

Actually, we don't have Windows 2003 server and we don't want to deploy
this version for a while if it's possible because we do not deploy a too
recent version taking into account our limited technical resources.

To return to the version of the media, when I start the setup, i have the
choice between standard or enterprise version, therefore CD offers the
possibility of the two versions to us. But, the only difference i see, is
the service pack is not include in this cd. So when we installed the demo
version we updated to Exchange sp3.

Aso, when i reinstall from the Control panel, all the files are copied
from the cd to the hard disk and the setup 'said' : "You must reinstall
all service pack because..."

This is a really curious and very unpleasant problem.

Thank's again

Roch.