• From: "Ryan Thomas" <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 20:24:43 +0100

Thanks for everyone's help with this. Finally resolved it.

The root cause was a virus called it seems to be awakened
by SP4 such that on the first boot after applying the pack it starts killing
your HD on a sector level. I was lucky I didn't lose more data.

You can be sure the client will have wished he had bought an AV package when he
gets my labour bill!

thanks again for the help.