[ExchangeList] Re: SMTP server FQDN

  • From: "anandkumar devaa" <anandkumardevaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:58:39 +0530

Thankyou Andrew, help appriciated.

On 5/26/06, Andrew English <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am only going to reply to the info that is in blue, the rest to too long. ;)

You should already have a new zone in your DNS of your companyname.com, in that zone add the MX, leave the child blank and make the FQDN of the mail server "mail.companyname.com", then add a Host (A) record to the zone of Mail {ip of your mail server} no PTR.

In SMTP on Exchange click the Delivery Tab, in the FQDN field put the mail.compayname.com and click "check DNS" it should resolve without any problems. You may also want to make sure your IP reverse lookups.

Even though our domain here is .local when you look at our SMTP is says "mail.company.com", and resolves fine.

Regards,
Andrew