SMTP quires

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 02:35:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi ,

I have two quires:

   How do I restrict users from teleneting to port 25 on my Exchange 2003
server for sending out mails?
   What should be done on the Exchange 2003 server to allow authorized uses to
send out mails to outside world by using a POP3 client (e.g Outlook Express).

Currently people can telnet to my exchange server and mail to other users in
the exchange organization by giving any FROM address. Also by using Outlook
express people are not able to relay mails to outside world. I want only
authenticated users to relay mails.

Praveen R