SMTP or WWW publishing service not starting

  • From: sheriefes <sheriefes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 05:48:37 -0700

hi friends,

I am using XP PROFESSIONAL -
SMTP or WWW publishing service in the system is not starting

automatically (startup type automatic), neither I can'nt start it manually.

I'm getting the message "specified path could'nt be found". But inetinfo.exe
exists

but IIS manager service is started automatically.

in D:\windows\system32\inetsrv (take WWW publishing service case, for example).

Event Viewer also give this error message: "WWW publishing service did'nt
start,  specified path could'nt be found"

what went wrong help me

sheriefes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx