[ExchangeList] Re: SMTP issues

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:09:02 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------When the remote server
gives you the "504 Need to authenticate first" error, then you need to define
credentials for this connection.  This has nothing to do with DNS.

Any server that is using "xexch" commands is *not* your typical "Internet mail
server", but is instead communicating via an Exchange connector.
If you have defined an Exchange connector to any remote server, then you should
also define the credentials associated with it.

        #702. The remote host "67.69.144.11", responded to the SMTP command
        "xexch50" with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent
        was "XEXCH50 1036 2 ". This will probably cause the connection to fail.

        I have yet to figure out why this is?? I am using Exchange 2003 with SP2
        and IMF v2.

        Regards,
        Andrew

        MSExchange Articles and Tutorials:

Thanks
Prabhakar,Banglore.
INDIA.

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman11/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://voice.yahoo.com>
  with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.