[ExchangeList] Re: SMTP issues

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:56:27 -0400

I am having some issues with the SMTP server, when it sends emails to certain
servers online it reports the following error:
This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #702.
The remote host "", responded to the SMTP command "xexch50" with
"504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent was "XEXCH50 1036 2 ".
This will probably cause the connection to fail.
I have yet to figure out why this is?? I am using Exchange 2003 with SP2 and
IMF v2.