RE: SMTP codez

  • From: "Choughule, Sandeep IN BOM SISL" <Sandeep.Choughule@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:18:24 +0530

Hi,

Telnet to your server on port no. 25.

Command to send mail through telnet.

Helo
Mail from: test@xxxxxxxx
Rcpt to: recipient@xxxxxxxx
Data
Type your data here
.

Regards,
Sandeep
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew English [mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:18 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] SMTP codez

http://www.MSExchange.org/
I would like to telnet into a Exchange box to test the SMTP server. I am
having issues with some clients who don't get their emails from the net,
so the first thing I did was check over Exchange, SMTP, the logs, etc
and didn't see any errors or issues.

I then tried to send them an email via Hotmail, they got it. I tried to
send them an email from my own Exchange server... Been waiting 5 plus
minutes for it to arrive.

Anyhow I have a bad feeling that IMF maybe setup too secure but I want
to Telnet to their box first and try sending an email manually; I just
don't remember all the codez and steps to use.

Thanks
Andrew