SMTP Relay and Delivery Restrictions

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:01:01 -0700

Hi!
If I clear "Anonymous Access" option on SMTP Virtual Server
>Properties>Access>Authentication, the authenticated users cannot send any
mail over Exchange 2003 server. I think that is the secure way to disable
this option because of relay, or not?
They have the following error if they send any mail through Exchange 2003:
"454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to submit mail to this server."
Why?

How can I realize the options below?
The authenticated users in the Active Directory
1) should be able to send/recieve mails to/from domains in my Exchange
organization
2) should be able to send/recieve mails to/from other internet mail
domains

Not-authenticated users
1) should NOT be able to relay mails through my Exchange server
2) should be able to send mails only to my authenticated users

Best Regards
Mustafa