SMTP Relay - RFC822 Body type not supported by Remote Host

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:11:32 -0300

Hello all

We have just installed a smtp relay server with IIS 5.0 W2K Server. We used
to have a IMC connector to the Internet. Now the smtp delivers to this IMC
and then to our site.

Few users outside our company are complaining that they can send us
messages.

The error the users are getting follows:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host

I think this is a silly issue. But I couldn't find anything on smtp relay,
because it does not have too many options to configure.

If you can help me, I d really appreciate it.

Best Regards,