RE: SMTP Mail Relay using IIS V6.0

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:57:34 -0700

OK, I understand.

Is the machine name by chance nc10s069?

I THINK you can change the FQDN in the SMTP Virtual server properties under
Delivery | Advanced.

However, I am a very stout believer that any server dealing with e-mail or
any publicly available services, such as Web sites and so forth, should be
configured with a full complete FQDN such as server.domain.com. I see so
many people have problems with notices or headers or DNS or such when they
do not have the server name properly configured, although technically
allowed. It is like sending a letter, and on the envelope putting the Name
and City and State. Chances are, it might get there.

That is also way gateway e-mail filtering products should not be sending
notifications out unless they are user aware.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

Engineer/Consultant

eServices For You

www.eservicesforyou.com