SMTP Mail Relay using IIS V6.0

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:07:00 -0400

Hello all,

   I am running an SMTP mail relay in the DMZ of our organization using
Win2003 IIS V6.0.  Currently, this box is running GFI mail essentials and
Mail Security (in gateway mode) with Exchange 5.5.  Though everything is
working well, I have one small glitch.  It seems that bounce backs from the
SMTP Mail Relay server replies to emails that trigger rules as
Administrator@nc10s069 <mailto:Administrator@nc10s069> .  I have setup a
'masquerade domain' (IIS V6.0 feature) of GlobalKnowledge.com in hopes that
it will reply as Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  instead.  After contacting GFI,
they stated that they have not tested their products on a Gateway box
running Windows 2003 IISV6.0 even though they say their product supports
this OS.  Any clue on what may be going on here?

 Their support said that I would have to use some tool called 'Meta Edit' or
'ADSI' to change this address, although they could not support me in doing
this.  I am pleased with their product but kind of dissapointed in their
support for a product that their software is advertised to work on.  They
also said that these tools could 'damage' the machine, 'so be careful.'  No
help for me....

Thanks for your ideas,

Chris Wall
ASSC Exchange Administrator