RE: SMTP Mail Flow (ISA Question)

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:00:21 -0700

> Small Business Server 2000
> Exchange 2000 Standard Version

We assume that means Exchange 2000 is on the SBS server.

> ISA Server 3.0 Standard Version

No such thing. Do you mean ISA Server 2000 Standard?

> I can browse the web via the clients and the server throught he web proxy.

> I can ping the external IP address of the server.

The jury is still out on that one.

> I can telnet to port 25 on the server.

Good, you can receive incoming e-mail.

> When I send an email from outlook via Exchange it sit's in the queue
> to go out. If I shutdown the firewall and ISA services, I can force the
> email to go. If the firewall and ISA services are turned off the email's
> automatically.

That means your outbound rule is not configured or not configured properly
on ISA. Great question for the ISA list.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
eServices For You