SMTP Forwarding

  • From: "Miroslav Cecho" <miroslav.cecho@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:15:53 -0600

I cannot realize how to do this task.
Mail is coming from internet to our relay placed on public network. The
relay forwards (after virus and content check) any mail to different relay
placed on internal network. This relay server has defined remote domains
(we have more inside) and send mails to respective mail servers.
My problem is how can I instruct the second relay, which is in a fact
distributing the mails, when the address is not recognized (this remote
domain is not defined) to send mail to different relay?
I dont know if i can use * and defined other relay.
Example: our domains are:, and
When mail with any of those domains is coming in it is going through first
relay to second relay and this decide where is final destination for
respective domain. For the others (even another internet domain) I need to
send it to different relay.

Is it possible? Any help I will appreciate.

Thank you....Miroslav Cecho